Thanksgiving Day 2015. There is so much to be thankful for each day that making a list of things to ...
11/26/2015 11:00:00 AM
Thanksgiving Day 2015.
There is so much to be thankful for each day that making a list of things to be thankful for in the last year can be pretty tough. I will try anyways.
Below are some things I am thankful for. They are in no particular order, just listed as they come to mind. Except for the first one, which is definitely the top thing I am thankful for in the last 12 months.
1. The healing that Jesus has brought into Shannon Kerr's life. If you don't know the story you can catch up by reading about it here. God has been so incredible and I praise Him everyday for how he continues to work.
2. Our family vacation to Colorado in August. It had been a long time since we spent a week together on vacation. The setting was beautiful and the YMCA park in Estes Park was awesome.
3. That I could coach both the boys in baseball this summer and for winning the 2-3 grade in-house championship.
4. For the opportunity to use my gifts and passion by preaching and sharing the Gospel at churches like The Quarry, 1st Congregational in Waseca, Renovation Church, and Main Street Moravian Church.
5. I am thankful that I have such an awesome family and how God has added to it this year with Whitney and Jamie.
6. That I am foreknown, predestined, called, justified and glorified by God, through Jesus Christ.
7. My workplace. I have a fun place to go to work and God is blessing what we are doing there. My boss love Jesus and we have a warm office. I enjoy my co-workers and I enjoy going to work.
8. I am thankful some of the relationships that have grown and strengthen this year. I am thankful I have some men in my life who love Jesus and encourage me in my walk with Him.
9. For the triathlons (Chicago Lakes and Lakeville) and 5k's (Emily, Millersburg, Northfield) I participated in. For the fun I have training and competing and accomplishing goals.
10. Having the chance to welcome a foreign exchange student into our home. Minjae has been fun to have around and we are learning a lot about his culture in Korea and our own culture here at home.
11. For selling the townhouse before it even went on the MLS.
12. For my wife. She does so many things in our home. She is a teacher by by day (at work) and by night (in the home). She manages our kids many activities. She cooks, she cleans and she volunteers. She is a good woman who serves and loves me and encourages me to do more than I would ever do on my own.
13. For my health and all I have learned about fitness. Man it seems like so many people are struggling with something health related these days. By God's grace I have been very healthy in 2015. May that continue.
14. That God has graciously spared my friend Michelle Fadel. It didn't look like she'd beat her cancer much longer than June but she has. And to this day she continues to praise and worship her Savior Jesus.
15. That I live in a place that is safe and wealthy compared to the rest of the world. I love in a phenomenal town. I am safe to walk around, to share my faith and beliefs in public, to pray and attend church without fear.
16. I am thankful for Jesus Christ. I am thankful that I was chosen as His before the foundation of the world. I am thankful that he knew me and knit me together in my mother's womb. I am thankful that he died for me and has given me new life as an adopted child into the faith of God.
17. For all the ways God has met our needs this year in big and little ways, known and unknown, in just the right time, in ways we could have never expected
18. That I have a warm house, plenty of clothes, cars that work, and more physical goods that I need.
19. That I had multiple special experiences this year with my kids including MN Boy's Hockey Tournament with Jacob, 5th grade ELC trip with Izzy, and Science Museum Field Trip with Andrew.
20. That I have kind neighbors who are fun to hang out, give me food and drink, who enrich my life, make me laugh, and share all they have with me.
21. For a church that believes in the truth and authority of the Bible and encourages people to read it, submit to it and apply it to their lives.
22. For my three children, who are filled with passion, conviction, love, energy and I pray, God's Spirit.
23. That I never have to spend a day hungry because I can't afford to by food.
24. That I live in such an awesome sauce city like Northfield where I have good friends, fun activities, a strong community and such beautiful nature.
25. For good coffee and the chance to sit at coffee shops drinking it and reading.
26. That I am not the person I used to be, and that I am continual pressing forward into becoming the person God desires me to be.