dealing with the critiques

I am really enjoying the feedback I am getting on my blanket ministry post.

I knew when I wrote it that I would get in trouble for associating blanket making with Women's Ministry. That's ok with me. I understand that women don't want to be stereotyped. I also know there are like 6 guys somewhere in the world who would really enjoy cutting and tying fabric for a couple hours. I'm cool with that.

I should have labeled blanket making as a great ministry for people with the spiritual gifts of service/helps and mercy. This would be a much more Biblical categorization, ignoring of course the stereotypes found in Proverbs 31:22-24 and Acts 16:14.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest