a much needed Sabbath

I'm headed out the door and going home. Its been a long week, but it has also good week. God is faithful as He promises; He showed up all over the place for us.

Tomorrow I'm taking a Sabbath rest. This means going to worship and learn in church. Next, lots of couch time watching football and golf and baseball. Maybe even a nap. Then it means playing 'tackle' and dolls and trucks and 'choo-choos' with my kids. Fourthly it means out crying my wife while we watch Extreme Home Makeover. Finally it means ordering a pizza and eating chips and salsa and drinking something tasty very slowly with good friends.

And it means remembering the One who gave it all to me and died so that I could enjoy it so deeply.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest