simple pleasures

Yesterday was a great day. I went in to work for a few hours and then we went as a staff to Red Robin for lunch. A woman in our office recently received a full time recruiter position at the seminary (plus it was her birthday) so we went out to celebrate her.

Then I met Stephanie in Maple Grove. My sister was kind enough to watch the kids for us so that we could have a couple hours alone together before the baby arrives. We had a fun time bumming around a couple stores, eating some Chipotle chips and quac, and sharing a carameled apple. It was nice to be together without worrying about which kid was ripping clothes off the racks or running into the street.

And the best part of the day was that I got a new wedding ring. Mine has been lost in the bottom of the ocean since Stephanie and I went to Hawaii last January. I picked up a simple silver one at a store for $30. It feels good to have something on my finger again.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest