Book Review: In a Pit With a Lion on a Snowy Day

Just posted an Amazon.com review of Mark Batterson's book "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day." Make sure you click on the link in the previous sentence to read the full review. Here are some additional personal reflections on the book.

What a great book. It inspired me, challenged me, encouraged me, and focused me. It made me want to run out and engage something. It made me want to face risk and adversity and fear head on. It made me rethink what faith and courage and righteousness are all about. It made me want to chase some lions down and put a God-sized whopping on them.

Mark's book is easy to read and packed with humor, intellect, wisdom and insight. He has this way of writing that makes his books fun to read, and yet they are not by any means topically light. This book is packed with truth about God and the life that He has for us. It was hard not to underline and circle something on every page. And I constantly had to refrain myself from blogging all the great quotes and sayings that are included in the book. Maybe that will be a future project.

Get your own copy of the book here.

Chase the lion.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest