weekend recap

Friday night -
work

Saturday -
I got off work early and we had some good friends over for dinner. We ended up for a few hours and watching some season 1 episodes of The Office.

Sunday -
Experienced a great church service at Church of the Open Door. The pastor talked about patience and how the New Testament word is also translated 'endurance.' He talked about true patience being a sort of long suffering (which is the literal translation of the Greek in Galatians 5:22) in which over time our character and life is transformed.

This hit home for me because at times I get frustrated with my own lack of transformation and I was reminded that I need to endure the process within myself as the Spirit changes me, just as I need to be patient with others as God changes them.

Another highlight of the day was when my son Jacob went poopy in the toilet for the first time. Both he and his 21 month old sister where wearing underwear all day and going pee in the toilet. It was great! No more diapers...I can only imagine. You can read more of the story here.

Around dinner time a few more of our friends stopped over, and one of them brought pork sandwiches. I used the opportunity to have the guys help me with some projects around the house that I needed to get done. Simply stuff but not stuff I'm real good at doing.

Interspersed with all the activity were 7 loads of laundry, kitchen cleaning, Terrell Owens catching 3 TD passes and the NY Mets evening up the National League baseball series.

Oh yeah, and a few more episodes of The Office. Man I love that show.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest