Acts 2 Teaching...Really?

Matt Chandler once, "If you don't preach deep to your people, what are you saving them too?"

Raises a good question. I struggle often with what 'amount' of knowledge Christians really need.

It seems from my vantage point that many people like to sit around and dream about 'Acts 2' community (of which I have been a part) seem to either ignore or forget the fact that the description in Acts of a people 'devoted to the Apostles' teaching' does not mean people were gathered around looking for help with their marriage or parenting skills or hoping to be 'attractive' to those far from God.

They were learning deep truth about Christ from the writing in the Old Testament. I imagine this teaching was very different than the teaching many churches are offering their Acts 2 communities today.

What do you think?
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest