The Power of the Mustard Seed

Every time I eat corn dog nuggets at work I think about the parable Jesus told when he described the Kingdom of God as a small mustard seed which is planted in a field and becomes the largest tree around that all the birds come to nest in.

I like to mix in a little mustard with my ketchup for dipping. The problem is that the taste of the mustard is so powerful. Even if I just put in a dab of it, almost all I taste is mustard.

What an amazing analogy Jesus uses. The small little seed that packs an enormous punch! If I can just be a little Kingdom mustard seed in the midst of the ketchup world around me everyday I can make an impact.
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest