God is Big, I am Small

The truth is...
I want to be big.
I want to be known.
I want to be on certain blogrolls.
I want to have 1,000 people subscribe to my blog.

This doesn't really matter to God.

The ocean reminds me I am small.
The mountains remind me I am small.
The sky reminds me I am small.
The stars remind me I am small.

God is much bigger than me.

So why do I always think...
I know more than him.
I have a better plan than him.
I need to impress him with my accomplishments.
My life somehow doesn't measure up.

Maybe because...
I am confused.
I am a sinner.
I am selfish.
I am prideful.
I am human.

This is not how God defines me.

In Jesus' cross...
I am cherished.
I am blessed.
I am forgiven.
I am adopted.
I am beloved.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest