10 Commandments of Financial Freedom

I saw this in our church's monthly newspaper and found it to be a great reminder as my family and I head into a new year.

10 Commandments of Financial Freedom
  1. Thou shalt recognize and value highly the nobility of hard work.
  2. Thou shalt establish a plan.
  3. Thou shalt avoid debt like the plague.
  4. Thou shalt distinguish between wants and needs.
  5. Thou shalt determine when enough is enough.
  6. Thous shalt not get involved with 'get rich quick' schemes.
  7. Thou shalt not compete with the Joneses.
  8. Thou shalt not make a major financial decision without getting wise counsel first.
  9. Thou shalt not corrupt your kids with money.
  10. Thou shalt not orient your whole life around money.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest