Lent Reflection #1

Fully aware that today is the beginning of lent I went a little overboard on my caloric intake yesterday, so now I have experienced the meaning of Fat Tuesday.

I am truly excited about Lent this year. In the past I have done some of the smaller, relatively easy and safe Lent practices like giving up soda. But this year I am going to do something more significant with the faith that God will bring blessings and breakthroughs into my life. I hope to share more of this journey as time unfolds.

My deepest desire is to live for Christ and to represent the values of the cross in everything that I say and do. For the next 40 days I want to make the life and death of Christ deeply personal. I know that there is nothing magical about 'lent' but it is a time when Christians can all unite around their faith and their desire to take the cross seriously.

How about you? What are you doing to intentionally focus your life on Jesus?

For some great sermons, devotionals and Lent information check out the Mars Hill website.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest