My Brother Jeff

(Piggy backing on Stephanie's Hero post...)

My brother Jeff is a Junior at Bethel University and he plays hockey there. Bethel is enjoying one of its greatest seasons, and has a legitimate chance at winning the MIAC Championship for the first time ever. I am proud to say that my brother is a major contributing factor to this.

Last weekend the Royals sweep a two game series with Gustavus College. Gustavus was previously undefeated in league play. In game one (Bethel 4-Gustavus 3), Jeff scored the tying goal and assisted on the game winner. The next night (Bethel 3-Gustavus 2)Jeff added an assist on a game winning goal with :32 seconds remaining.

Yesterday Bethel easily defeated Concordia-Moorhead 8-2. Jeff had an assist and one of the more unique goals I have seen this year. After taking a shot from a bad angle, Jeff picked up the puck behind the net and shot it (intentionally) from behind the goal, banking it in off the goalie's butt. It is a shot that he and I practiced hundreds of times for fun. To see him do it in a game was awesome.

That gives Jeff a team leading 6 points in the last 3 games. Way to go bro!

You can check out all the box scores here.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest