Nap Time is for Sanctification

This is a list of some of the excuses and behaviors my kids have used to avoid taking their nap today (and almost every other time they lay down in their beds)...

1. I need a drink of water
2. I want my clothes off
3. I have a booger (both my kids pick out a booger almost every night before they fall asleep)
4. I need my 'Elmo' or 'Doll'
5. I am not tired
6. Leave the door open
7. I don't know how to go to sleep
8. Turn on the radio
9. I want a different blankey
10. It is hard to go to sleep

I have no idea how Stephanie gets through this everyday. It makes me so upset when they won't just lay down and sleep. And then I feel guilty about over reacting or getting too angry. Plus, I remember being a kid myself and how much I hated having to go to sleep; I still hate going to sleep.

It all makes me wonder how Jesus would handle the situation. Because that is truly how I want to do it. I thank God for using my kids to show me my own sinfulness and also for using them to make me a more loving and patient person. I believe that the Spirit of God has something to say to us in all situations if we will be open to him and listen for his voice.

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest