Redemptive Seperation

I heard a quote today that seems to have providential timing in my life. I was driving home after a long day and listening to a John Piper sermon on marriage when he used the phrase "redemptive seperation." Then he remarked that there are times when separation in a marriage is necessary because by staying together the offending party may be "enabling the other to sin." You can read the whole sermon here.

I had been praying a lot today for some friends who are going through a hard time. I needed some wisdom and I feel like God gave it to me through the podcast. I don't really know what to do or what to say, so I am praying that God would be real and that he would show up in some amazing ways. Marriage is a difficult thing, every day, and yet God gave it to man and woman for their benefit and for the benefit of the world.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest