End of the NCAA Road

The remarkable Bethel Royals hockey run came to a hard end Saturday night in Green Bay, WI. The Royals hit a brick wall named the Green Knights and we unable to muster much of a threat in the game losing 4-1. I wasn't able to make the trip, but I listened live on the internet and after talking with my brother Aaron, it sounds like it just wasn't Bethel's night. In classic NCHA fashion, St. Norbert out worked, out hit and out muscled the lighter, more skating oriented Bethel team. You can read some of the game highlights here.

It was an exciting season for the Royals filled with many 'firsts.' They are a young team with an impressive core of players returning next season. It just sucks that I have to wait until November to watch the boys play again. Hopefully my brother will work hard in the off-season and put himself in the position to lead both the team and league in scoring next year. He has the potential.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest