Good Leaders Collaborate and Don't Just Dictate

Great words on leadership.

"I firmly believe in choosing great people to help run this company and its large and diverse set of businesses. It can’t be about one person. I have to be a collaborator not a dictator, when it comes to running this company, even though a CEO has a certain set of responsibilities, and accountability himself to shareholders and to the board. It’s important to really find great people, and to enable them. And that’s what I’ve tried to do."

Robert Iger, President and CEO of Walt Disney as quoted on the Financial Times site (January 31, 2007)

(HT: Tony Morgan)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest