Many Things Can Happen in a Year

Yesterday my wife and I did something that I never thought we would do.

Then, in the late afternoon, we went over to my parents house to have dinner and celebrate my mom's birthday. It is amazing how quickly time goes by and how much can change in a year. Last year on my mom's birthday she and my dad verbally committed to sell the house they had lived in for 20+ years, the company my dad worked for was deteriorating and I dropped some shocking news about upcoming changes in my life.

This year was much calmer and more focused on being together as a family (despite the absence of two siblings). We all talked about how faithful God has been and how thankful we are to be in the position we are in now. Even though it was difficult to see a year ago, God's wise hand has been on all our lives and we all consider our current state better than our previous one.

Oh yeah...I haven't mentioned it before but my mom is blogging now.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest