Mascots in Children's Ministry

I wrote a post as a guest blogger for the Church Marketing Sucks blog examining my experience as the A&W Root Beer Bear mascot and asking the question,
But couldn't we at least use a mascot to engage the kids in hearing about Jesus? Why not use something larger than life to teach kids about the one who truly is larger than life? My instinct and experience tells me that our kids would go nuts over this kind of thing. It is sort of like how on children's Sunday the pastor always uses puppets. There is something about the fantasy that hooks the attention of kids.
There have been some really great comments. It sounds like the mascot idea is working well in many children's ministries across the country. You can read the entire post and comments here.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest