Leaders Are Readers

I love to read. With three small kids I am not able to read nearly as much as I would like, but in those few moments that I do there is little else I would rather do. Reading expands my mind, opens me up to new ideas, forces me to think about new things, advises me on things I need to learn about, and makes me a resource to other people. I think reading is one of the most important parts of developing as a person and as a follower of Jesus. And yet most people don't do it.

There are a million excuses given. Maybe you have heard or used a few of them...

-I don't have time
-I am not good at it
-I can't stay focused
-I don't ever remember anything
-I am an audio learner

And the list goes on and on.

Loved what Casey had to say a few days ago about reading. You'll have to read his whole post to get the context...
"I love it: "Who cares if he doesn't like to read?" Don't you owe it to your clients, coworkers, spouse, friends, congregation, yourself, customers, family, boss, employees, whoever to be reading?"
If you want to improve yourself in any way than I recommend that you develop the discipline of reading. Take it in small steps. Chunks of good books at a time. Develop your habit and then feed it. You will be a richer person for it, and the people around you will be blessed as a by-product.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest