Memorial Day Activities

Memorial Day weekend is over for me. I have to work all day tomorrow. A major downside of the food industry.

We had a good day today. Everything at church was striking an emotional cord with me. After the service we went and grilled with our small group. It was fun throwing the ball and pitching to Jacob in the yard. I hope we have a yard of our own soon.

Next, I went to visit a friend of mine. He is at a 30 day retreat center working on some issues he is facing. I love this guy and it was encouraging to walk the woods with him and just talk. I am praying that God would continue to work in his life. For his sake and for the sake of his family.

When I got home Stephanie and I took the kids to a carnival in town. Unfortunately the crazies running the thing thought that $3 was a fair price for a 30 second kid ride. NO WAY! So, we drove to Cub Foods and rode the horses for a quarter. Then we went and picked out some toys at Target. And finally, we had dinner on the patio of a local bar and grill.

It was good to spend time with the family today. Being a parent is draining and challenging and wonderful. Now I'm exhausted. Peace out.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest