Skip to main content

What My Kids Would Say on Mother's Day

I am sure many blogger will be taking the opportunity today to publicly brag up the special women in their lives. I am no different. Sometimes I wonder what my kids would say if they could fully comprehend and articulate all that Stephanie does for them. I'd bet they would say something like this:

My mom is the best because....
- she always gets up at night to help us when we're sick
- she takes us garage sailing and buys us Toy Story and Clifford toys
- she sits in the driveway while we ride our bikes outside
- she takes us to Taco John's for potatoes and cheese
- she brings us to the park and the play land
- she takes the time to listen to us
- she prays with us when we are scared
- she is more patient than Daddy
- she reads us books over and over again
- she makes us lunch and dinner almost everyday
- she shows us how to blow bubbles, and write letters, and color pictures, and get ourselves dressed, and how to sing the ABC's when we wash our hands
- she brings us to church so we can hear about Jesus
- she works outside our house at night so we can have some extra money
- she cares about how we look when we leave the house
- she loves Daddy and keeps him happy
- she gets my bottle and feeds me every night, keeps my diaper clean and dry, does amazing/ disgusting things with Q-tips, lugs me around all day (from Andrew)
- she buys us treats like donuts or slushies when we run errands
- she is full of laughter and fun
- she doesn't run the house like a dictator and is more concerned with happiness than cleanliness
- she holds me when I am hurting and kisses my bruises
- she reads her Bible and prays to Jesus for strength and guidance
- she wants to celebrate us and create memories we can have forever
- she never gives up on our family, no matter what Daddy does
- she watches movies with us
- she lets us cuddle with her in her bed
- she sings to us and dances with us
- she helps us cut out shapes in play dough
- she tries to be the best mommy that she can be

Mommy, you do so much for everyone in our family. Without you we would be a major disaster. We love you so much and we appreciate all that you are. You are the glue that holds it all in place. And we are blessed to have you in our lives. Never question the positive impact you are having on our futures. Have a wonderful Mother's Day. With love and adoration,

Jacob, Isabelle, and Drew (with a little help from Daddy)

*All of the themes expressed by my kids are things I could say 'Thank You' to my own mother for as well. Happy Mother's Day Mom!
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

Yesterday I threw out a poll question on my Facebook and Twitter pages.  The poll question asked, "Should Christians wear attire with skulls on it?"  I received some great comments from people with a variety of opinions.  You can read the comments on my timeline from 8/8/13.

My opinion is that Christians should not wear clothes with skulls on them.

I don't have one specific Bible verse that I can use to prove my point.  Jesus never said, "Thou shalt not wear clothes with skulls."  I do however think there are number of conclusions that can be drawn from Scripture that support my opinion.

1.  Jesus does care about the clothes we wear.
I don't believe God's people are free to wear whatever they want.  From the Old Testament all the way through the New Testament you can find Biblical language related to clothes.  There are laws in Leviticus about clothes.  God instructed the OT priests on what to wear don't believe God's people are free to wear wh…

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Yesterday Stephanie and I celebrated 15 years of marriage! 
To kick off the festivities, on Wednesday afternoon Stephanie bought a new car from Harry Browns in Faribault. She said good goodbye to the minivan and bought a 2014 Dodge Journey. She picked out a great new vehicle and her dad Ralph channeled his inner New Yorker to haggle us a great price.
We started the day Thursday driving to St. Peter to pick up Isabelle from the "Gustie" Basketball and Leadership camp. She spent 4 days there learning, practicing and having a blast. We celebrated together as a family with some Godfather's Pizza!
After getting back to Northfield I dropped the kids off at some friend's houses so Stephanie and I could be alone together. Having great friends who help with the kids is such a blessing. 
Stephanie had the idea that we should get tattoos together. She didn't have to work hard to convince me! After asking for recommendations on Facebook we decided to check out  Guns and Nee…

Lessons from Mt Everest

It would be great is life was all fun and easy and exciting like glissading down a mountain side.  However life is actually much more like climbing up the mountain.  It is difficult, painful, dangerous and exhilarating all wrapped up into one.
Last Sunday I preached at a church in Northfield and I shared some thoughts about this.  I compared lessons I've learned studying mountain climbing to lessons I've learned living life.  Here are the five things I talked about, along with some accompanying Bible verses.
1. You have to have a goal and you have to work hard towards achieving it, sometimes for a long time ---> Jer 29:10-14  2. You have to expect setbacks (injury, weather, enemies, catastrophe) and roll with them ----> 2 Cor 4:8-10  3. You have to push yourself beyond what you thought possible ----> Phil 4:13  4. In most cases, you need others to help you (guides, logistics, cheerleaders, friends, expedition leader) ----> Heb 10:15   5. You have to acknowledg…