1,000 Posts and 5 Things I've Learned About Blogging

This is blog post #1,000. Wow.

2 and half years ago I started blogging. Mostly because of this guy. I remember checking his blog on every available computer. That was back before I knew about the beauty of this.

I've learned a lot about blogging over the last couple years. Here are just five examples:
1. You will NEVER please everyone with what you write - especially if you blog with some conviction.
2. Blogging is a great way to steward and spread God's creative ideas around.
3. Writing about something personal is more interesting than pontificating on someone else's platform.
4. This gig can be addicting so be careful.
5. Blogging can be a wonderful tool for uniting people and helping one another grow - -it can also be a terribly nasty tool for spreading criticism, gossip and lies.
I'm glad I began a blogging journey.

Blogging has helped my clarify my convictions. It has provided me with an outlet for my creative energy. It is a place for me to gather my thoughts, dreams, experiences and hopes, and where the memories my family and I are creating will be chronicled forever. Blogging has forced me to think critically, write concisely and reason coherently. I have learned how my words can be used for edification or defamation. And I have made friends all over the country in ways that would not have been possible otherwise.

Here's to 1,000 posts. Lord willing I will have 1,000 more.
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest