Heroes

I emailed a blogging pastor friend yesterday with the idea of crafting a sermon series called "Heroes."

My idea is that you could build off of the popular TV series with the same name and look at character traits of different heroes in the Bible - people like the OT patriarchs and general Bible heroes like David and Joshua. You even could use the heroes of the faith listed in Hebrews 11.

Well, it looks like National Community Church is ripping me off. J/K, but they are launching a new series with a very similar premise to mine. Their pastor blogs...
We're kicking off a new series after Chapter Two titled Hero.

We're going to look at some of the unsung heroes of Scripture. Behind every David there is a friend named Jonathan; behind every Esther there is an uncle named Mordecai; behind every Jacob there is a brother named Esau; and behind every Paul there is a sidekick named Barnabas.
Why didn't I think of that? Oh wait, I did. :)
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest