Old Man Hockey Update

My team's play-off run came to an end Wednesday night in a 2-2, shoot out loss to the number one ranked team in the league. I had a nice goal during the game but unfortunately I missed twice in the shoot out.

On my first attempt I faked a deke, moved to my left (the goalie's right) and shot it off the post.

Then, nine rounds later, I came in, faked a shot to the same spot where I hit the post, pulled the puck to my backhand, thought I had the whole net to slide the puck into, and suddenly the goalie dove across and blocked my shot with his stick. I was so mad at myself for not raising it that I slammed my stick into the boards and broke it in half. That made me even more bummed out because I really liked that stick. Not a great decision considering my son was in the stands watching.

I enter anger management classes tomorrow.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest