The Gap Between God's Promise and Its Fulfillment

Talking with my mom tonight and she reminded me of something in Scripture. Many times Biblical characters had to wait long amounts of time between the promises of God and their fulfillment. Thing about it. Abraham waited ten years between the promise of a son and the birth of one. Moses wandered in the desert for 40 years before his people could enter the promise land. Joseph spent years in prison and many years as Pharaoh's helper before he was able to assist his family during the famine.

I live in a culture that teaches me I can have everything I want, when I want it. However, God doesn't seem to like my cultures plan. More often he promises me something and then delays fulfilling that promise. But his delay is not without purpose. There is shaping and forming that needs to be done in my life. There is junk that needs to be chiseled away before I will be ready to receive.

If you are at a point where you think God has forgotten his promises to you, be encouraged with these Scriptures,
3 For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay. (Habakkuk 2:3)

9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, (2 Peter 3:9)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest