The Long Road From Captivity to Freedom

My mom sent me an email about a week ago that had some words from a devotional she reads. It was a timely reminder to me that 1) God is always good; 2) God is always in control; 3) God is always working on my behalf - even when it doesn't feel like it.

Here is a snippet of the devotional.
God wants to deliver us from our bondage, but many times we want the easy way out... a short cut: "Get me out of this mess Lord, but please don't let the way out cause me any pain or inconvenience." God knows our weaknesses. He knows how easily we would slip back into bondage if we faced adversity in the easy way out. In His great wisdom and sovereignty His plan for the exodus of our bondage is not the quick, easy way. He will lead us out through a path that will create a dependency on Him. This path will also strengthen our relationship with Him, give us a renewed assurance of our faith, and equip us for a possible slip back into the pit. Read in Exodus verses 18-19, "So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt armed for battle." Did you catch that last part about being armed for battle?

The way out of bondage is sure but not always swift. In some situations God shows His great mercy and the exit is quick – we’re left in awe by His power. In other situations, God chooses to take us by the desert road to strengthen us. Two things are certain no matter the route: victory for us and glory for our God.
Here is a link to the entire devotional.

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest