Monticello High School Custodian Charged w/ Sexual Misconduct With a Minor

Possibly my biggest fear as a parent is that my kids would, in some major way, be affected by the pervasiveness of sexual sin in our culture; the scale and scope of which is almost beyond belief.*

This morning I was reading the local newspaper online and I came across a sickening story about a male high school custodian charged with sexual misconduct over a 3 year period with a teenage male. If I was more naive I would have thought something like this couldn't happen in my town; nonetheless the story is sickening and shocking. I have to warn you that the details laid out in the article are quite disturbing and graphic. Read the article here.

As if the report wasn't appalling enough, take a look at the response of our legal system.
Although the Sherburne County prosecuting attorney described Larson as a "danger to the community" and "a risk to flee" during the time period leading up to his Sept. 19 hearing, Yunker gave Larson the option of $100,000 unconditional bail or $5,000 bail with the following terms and conditions attached: that he have no contact with any individual mentioned in the official court complaint; that he have no contact with any individual under the age of 18; that he remain law abiding and make all future court appearances; and that he inform the court within 24 hours if there is a change in his address.
Reading that made me so freaking pissed. Please excuse the language, but when you read the report of the case, the judges ruling for conditional bail is absolutely ludicrous. This sicko should be jailed until trial and, if found guilty, he should spend the rest of his life there. The psychological damage done to the accusing teenage boy will be vast and long-lasting.

Lord Jesus please protect my kids from evil. Lord God please protect all our precious children from predators and those who would sin so horrifically against them.

- One last piece of interesting information...the following statement in the article would lead me to believe that 'Dad' was not in the picture of this poor kid's life.
It is also documented that Larson discussed with the alleged victim's mother the possibility of acting as a mentor to the child.
Our world needs DADS more than ever. We need strong men who will protect and nurture their kids, who will sacrificially and faithfully serve their spouses, and who will take responsibility for their homes.

Jesus make me one of these men, and raise up a generation of males who will manifest the Heavenly Father's love on earth
.

*Lest we get too worried that our times are worse than another, it could be argued that today's sexual sins are not without historical, Biblical precedent, see Leviticus 18
1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest