Moved by the Hymns to Praise

Today at church I was moved by the power of the lyrics in hymns. During a wonderful music set, we sang All Creatures of Our God and King & Come Thou Font. I love singing the hymns. The words in so many of these songs are so rich and saturated with a combination of gut level emotions and theological depth.

Here is a verse that was particularly moving to me,
O to grace how how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart, O take and seal it, seal it for thy courts above

What wonderful words! These are lyrics that grab my soul and speak the truth of what I experience in my deepest parts. Combined with a beautiful use of instruments I was stirred to praise God today in a way I hadn't for the last couple weeks.
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest