The Elephant in the Church

National Community Church is doing a new series called "The Elephant in the Church." The series 'plays off the old idiom: the elephant in the room. It's a reference to obvious truths that everyone ignores.' It is a great creative idea and I think some things will come out that people in the pews really need to hear about.

In week one NCC focused on gray elephants, meaning the disputable issues found in Scripture that are not black and white. After preaching on alcohol Pastor Mark's wrote this:
"Not sure how to say this, but I felt like a pastor today. I think it's easy to talk about easy topics that everybody agrees on. But navigating the topics that are tough to talk about is part of what it means to be a pastor."
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest