Please Call Me By My Name

One thing I am currently trying to do, in an effort to expand my leadership/management skill set, is to develop the habit of using people's first names when I speak to them. Sounds, maybe, like a small thing, but I think that calling someone regularly by their first name dignifies and humanizes them. It shows that you care about them as an individual and as a team member, simply as some worker bee. In my experience I see a more positive response when I say, "Good morning Bill" instead of just a stale "Good morning." My biggest struggle in strengthening this practice is exerting the mental energy to actually learn and remember someone's name. I am working on it though and I think it is paying off.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest