Praising the Lord and His Prompting

On my way up to the retreat last weekend, as I passed miles and miles of beautiful scenery capped in the deep reds and yellows and oranges of the trees I felt God speaking to me about praising him.

My first thought was that he wanted me to reorder my talks and spend an entire session teaching about the beauty and glory and praise-worthiness of God. I was not excited about that because I didn't have time to write that talk. But the more I prayed and questioned and balked at the idea the more it became clear that the prompting to praise was not for me to teach but for me to participate in.

So I quieted myself and listened to some praise music and simply tried to soak in the world passing me by. My soul got so peaceful as I thanked God for his creation and for what a wonderful Savior he is. Then, as I was driving down the dirt road to the camp entrance, I saw three deer. One of the deer stood on the side of the road and stared at me. As I praised God for the deer he took a final look and then jumped through the brush and into the woods. I smiled.

God desires our praise. He has given us so much so that we may turn and praise his goodness. May you not just consume today but may you rejoice in God's wonder and majesty around you.
Shout for joy to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name; give to him glorious praise!
Say to God, “How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies come cringing to you.
All the earth worships you and sings praises to you; they sing praises to your name." - Psalm 66:1-4
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest