Water That Satisfies

Jesus said to her, “Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." - John 4:13-14
Everyone is thirsty for something; so thirsty that we sometimes drink stuff that will kill us.

At my previous work location we had a recurring problem with alcoholic homeless individuals coming into the store and purchasing mouthwash. Why? Because mouthwash has an alcohol content around 14% (28 proof) and the drunks would drink bottles of it in the morning to help cure their hangovers.

Before I condemn these persons for their behavior I have to look at my own. There are times in my life that I am tempted/ will drink 'things' that are bad for me just so that I can have something to cure my thirst. These drinks never satisfy and just leave me thirstier than I was before. But when I am hurting, they are my first reach.

Jesus, help me to drink you in deeply and to be fully satisfied in you. Lord, help me to offer cups of living water to the thirsty around me as well.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest