The Developing Computer Skills of My Kids

Tonight Stephanie took Isabelle and Andrew on a quick errand. While they were gone I sat done to read a book but my attention was quickly drawn to the computer screen. My four year old was sitting on the chair in front of the desk with his feet hanging a foot and a half from the ground, playing computer games on pbskids.org.

I was shocked as I watched him navigate the screen and follow the prompts he was given. Amazingly he knew how to manipulate the mouse to select and move things on the screen. He also knew how to identify and utilize the back arrow so that he could return to the main game option screen. These are skills he has developed almost completely on his own by watching Stephanie and I and trough trial and error. My three year old is close behind him, watching and learning from her older brother.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest