How Humbling Comes

Francis Chan is a pastor in California. My brother Aaron introduced me to his teachings last year. In the Fall of 2007 he was one of the speakers at the Catalyst Conference in Atlanta. He recently wrote an article for the Catalyst Monthly about pride and humility. Here are some of his 'tips' on staying humble.

Humbling comes when you stand before the One who knows everything about you. (Psalm 139:1)

Humbling comes when you envision Him as the Potter and yourself as clay. (Isaiah 45:9)

Humbling comes when you compare your age with a God who is eternal. ( Job 38:4, 18-21)

Humbling comes when you remember He can take your life before you read this verse. (Isaiah 2:22)

1 comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest