10 (or 11) Pieces of Advice on Goal Setting

A couple weeks ago I set some goals for myself in 2008, maybe you did to. Here are 10 steps Mark Batterson posted about goal writing.

#1 Start with Prayer
#2 Check Your Motives

#3 Get Ideas From Others
#4 Think in Categories
#5 Be Specific
#6 Write Them Down
#7 Include Others
#8 Celebrate Along the Way
#9 Think Big

#10 Keep Dreaming

It's a great list and I have a goal of using it to refine my goal list. If I could I would add one more step:

#11 Make Things Measurable

I am the type of person who is motivated by progression and completion. I don't want to make goals just so I can check them off the list, but if my goals are not measurable I will most likely forget them or become discouraged and forget them.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest