Being that I'm married I don't lose much sleepy worrying about with whether or not God would have me 'dating.' But in the case that some of the people who may read this blog are single, and since I'll be talking on Saturday with some teenagers who have the issue of dating dead center in their lives, I thought I would share something I found. This list comes from Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye."
- Dating leads to intimacy, but not necessarily to commitment.
- Dating tends to skip the 'friendship' stage of a relationship.
- Dating often mistakes a physical relationship for love.
- Dating often isolates a couple from other vital relationships.
- Dating distracts young adults from their primary responsibility of preparing for the future.
- Dating can cause discontentment with God's gift of singleness.
- Dating creates an artificial environment for evaluating someone's character.