Dating Teaching Recap

Just finished up my talk with the middle and high schoolers. There is not many things more humbling than teaching church students, because you get so little affirmation and feedback. I felt like I was just throwing darts at a board hoping that some will stick.

In essence though that is always the prayer of the preacher. I am simply a sower of seeds, the Lord will water the crops and bring the harvest.

I feel good about the truth I communicated and the standard I set for the kids. I walked away happy that I did the best I could, and that the rest is in God's hands. It is not about me being a rock star teacher that all the kids want to hang with, it is about the truth of God's Word taking hold of hearts and transforming lives.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest