Oprah has skyrocketed the career of another author on her book club. But this endorsement is a bit heart-wrenching. She's taking her fans through a year-long "Course in Miracles" by Marianne Williamson. Each day, her book club site features a different lesson on this essentially new religion. Here are some quotes from this book:
- "There is no sin."
- "A slain Christ has no meaning."
- "The journey to the cross should be the last ' useless journey."
- "Do not make the pathetic error of 'clinging to the old rugged cross."
- "The name of Jesus Christ as such is but a symbol... It is a symbol that is safely used as a replacement for the many names of all the gods to which you pray."
- "The recognition of God is the recognition of yourself."
- "The Atonement is the final lesson he [man] need learn, for it teaches him that, never having sinned, he has no need of salvation."
Saw this on Ben Arment's blog. The influence of Oprah in this country shouldn't be underestimated. I hope this makes Christian women (and I guess some men) think twice before giving her too much say into their lives.