10 Tips for Dealing With Conflict

I had the pleasure of having a two very uncomfortable and confrontational conversations with a co-worker last night. This morning I came across an old post from Gary Lamb on dealing with conflict. Here are a few of the tips he shared about how to deal with conflict.

1. Realize Conflict isn't a Bad Thing
2. Run to confrontation
3. Deal with conflict face to face
4. Don’t take it personal
5. Don’t confront while still angry
6. Have another person in the room
7. Say what you have to say
8. When it is over, it is over
9. Take the high road
10. Plan ahead on what you want to communicate (my addition to the list)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest