Locked in a Prison of My Own Making

Henri Nouwen writes....
"My decision to leave Harvard was a difficult one. For many months I was not sure if I would be following or betraying my vocation by leaving...After I decided to leave Harvard, I was surprised that it had taken me so long to come to that decision. As soon as I left, I felt so much inner freedom, so much joy and new energy, that I could look back on my former life as a prison in which I had locked myself." - The Road to Daybreak, pg. 22
Are you facing inner turmoil regarding a major decision in your life? Are you putting off a decision you know you should make for fear of future unknowns? Don't lock yourself in a prison. Follow the quiet voice of the Spirit inside you that is calling you onward. It will be difficult, but it will be rewarding.
2 comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest