Tim Stevens @ Whiteboard

Tim Stevens is the Executive Pastor at Granger Community Church in Granger, IN and he blogs at LeadingSmart.com. I had never heard Tim speak before but I read his blog and have attended his church. Tim spent the majority of his talk in a way that felt to me like a combination of defending his church's strategy for reaching people and pimping his new book Pop Goes the Church. I don't disagree with much of what Tim had to share, this just wasn't the most compelling session for me.

Here are some notes from Tim's talk:

Big Idea: The church needs to leverage culture or we risk losing our impact.

- Two realities of current culture...
1. Most churches aren't impacting their communities.
2. Spiritual interest is growing in our culture.
- Acts 17 is an example of Paul leveraging is culture for the sake of the Gospel pronouncement
- Jn 1:14 (MSG) Christ "became flesh and blood and moved into the neighborhood."
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest