Wiped Out

What a awesome day! Stephanie and I got back about an hour ago from a long day of walking around Washington DC. The weather today was fantastic, with clear blue sky, a light breeze, and warm sunshine which gave me some pretty cool white rings around my eyes.

The buildings in DC are simply amazing. So huge and so historic. Some of my favorites were the Washington Monument, the Holocoust Museum, the Lincoln Memorial and the Thomas Jefferson Library of Congress.

My favorite part of the day was being on a new adventure, all alone, with my bride. We got lost driving to DC, we couldn't figure out the Metro passes, we backtracked multiple times, we didn't make it to the National Art Museum before it closed, and we still had a FANTASTIC day!

All the crazy things didn't matter. We walked, we talked, we held hands, we shared food, we took pictures, we laughed at other people, we laughed at ourselves, and we built an experience together that can never be taken away.

Here's a poem I made up for Stephanie as we walked away from one of the memorials:

Look...our feet are walking step by step
It's like our hearts, which beat in unison
Because of the love we share

I love that girl and there's no one else I would have wanted to tour with. She's the best.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest