Sunday Sermon Recap

Just wanted to post a thank you to those of you who came and watched me preach on Sunday, and also to those of you who supported me in prayer. It was a blast to get up in front of my church and share what the Bible says about the physical, spiritual and symbolic roles of bread. The sermon was very well received and I garnered much positive feedback. Some things I heard included:

- nice delivery
- you have an anointing
- you NEED to be doing this
- you have a preaching voice and you say your 's' funny
- something you said made me remember the exact verse I needed to pray with someone

Why do I post those words? Not to toot my own horn (well not solely for that reason) but because it is so reassuring to hear that the sermon you prayed and labored over helped bring people closer to God. It is encouraging to find out how the Holy Spirit used your words in the life of another person. And it is motivating when someone says, like Paul said to Timothy, "Do not neglect the gift you have, which was given you by prophecy when the council of elders laid their hands on you." 1 Timothy 4:4 (ESV)

You can listen to or download the sermon, here.

If you want the manuscript, or you'd like me to come and preach at your church, shoot me an email - brentonbalvin[at]gmail[dot]com.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest