Catch or Release

Been loving the Eminem song "Lose Yourself" during my workouts. In the songs intro Eminem says,
Look, if you had one shot or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment
Would you capture it or just let it slip? (rest of the lyrics)
Great words for working out, or just for living each day out.

I'm sure you've had a couple moments in life when you let something big slip away. Maybe because you were scared of failure or rejection. Maybe because you doubted your abilities and talents. Maybe because you didn't think the timing was right. I've had a couple of moments I wish I could go back to and try again, confident that if I had another shot I would capture it instead of letting it slip away.

But you can't go back. You can only go forward and be ready for the next 'shot' that Jesus brings your way. It's coming. Promise. Are you ready to seize it?
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest