The Olympic Games Begin

Tonight I watched some of the Olympic festivities before putting the kids to bed. There were some pretty neat things. Mostly what I saw was the parade of athletes. I like to hear the different facts and story lines of the participating countries and athletes. Some of the anecdotes are truly amazing, while others are very sad. For example, did you know there are multiple countries in the games with no female athletes because women don't have the national right to participate?

If nothing else I guess the games are good because they show us that the world is much bigger than we think and there are many things going on on it that would shock and appall us if we allowed our minds to dwell on them. Then, in most cases, all we can do is pray for the atrocities of the world, and that in His mercy God would somehow intervene.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest