Our Cravings Underlie Our Conflicts

Steve McCoy linked a great post about questions that serious Christian friends should be asking one another. One question caught my attention regarding conflict. I had never thought about conflict the way the blogger put it in the following quote,
When you had the conflict with [insert person], what were you craving at that moment?

Scripture tells that conflict is the result of cravings. James 4:1-2 says, “What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel.” Cravings underlie conflict. Hopefully these questions get you going in the right direction. Let there be awkward questions!
"Cravings underlie conflict." What a great line. When I hold up this idea against my life I can see its great truthfulness. Most of the conflict in my life comes from my craving to be right or to be in control. When I lay down those cravings most of the conflict around me goes away.

How about you; what cravings underlie the conflict on your life?
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How to Make an ISTJ Calm and Happy

Lessons from Mt Everest