Exposing Idols That Hide In the Heart

Darrin Patrick is the lead pastor of The Journey Church in St. Louis. Darrin has a passion about speaking to people about the idols that they worship instead of worshiping Jesus. I had the chance to hear Darrin in person at The Whiteboard Sessions where he shared some questions that people can ask themselves to expose the idols in their hearts. I couldn't write all the questions down, and I've been trying to find them online. Finally tonight I found them on The Journey Church website. Here they are:

What do I worry about most? What, if I failed or lost it, would cause me to feel that I did not even want to live?

What do I rely on or comfort myself with when things go bad or get difficult? What do I do to cope? What are my release valves?

What do I think most easily about? What does my mind go to when I am free? What do I daydream about?

What makes me feel the most self-worth? What am I the proudest of? What do I want to be known for?

What do I really want and expect out of life? What would make me really happy? What is my hope for the future?

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest