Reflective Questions

I first read these questions on Justin Buzzards blog; rather than keeping them for myself I figured I should share them with you as well.
  • How has God's grace been at work in my life these first 30 years? What's the story of my first 30 years of life? How has God worked on me, in me, and through me?
  • How has God gifted me? How has God "wired" me? What is my "niche"--what am I really good at and where does that intersect with the needs of this world? As I enter the next 30 years of my life how can I maximize how God has created and gifted me for his glory? What does it look like for me to not bury my "talents," but use and multiply them?
  • Where do I need to repent?
  • What bad habits need to die?
  • What new habits need to form?
  • In what ways have I operated out of fear rather than faith? Where am I being called to step out in fresh faith?
  • How can I put the gospel on greater display in my roles as a disciple, husband, father, pastor, and friend?
  • What do I love to do? What gives me joy? What's important to me? What can I do to ensure that the urgent/less important doesn't crowd out the important?
  • What's the single greatest daily change I could make that would help put to death the idols of control, certainty, and perfectionism that feature so prominently in my life?
  • What's the single daily greatest change I could make that would increase my enjoyment of God?
  • What's the single greatest daily change I could make that would express Ephesians 5:25 to my wife?
  • As a corrective to legalism, a corrective to an unhealthy focus on "figuring out" God's will, and as a tool for discovering and using one's gifts for God's glory, Augustine and Luther both urged: "Love God and do as you please." What do I "please"?
Have fun reflecting.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest