"What Do You Want Me to Do For You?"

And stopping, Jesus called them and said, “What do you want me to do for you?” (Mt. 20:32 ESV)

In the story, two blind men are sitting along the side of the road begging for some food or money as Jesus and a crowd of people pass by. Recognizing that the man coming to them was Jesus the two blind men begin to shout out for mercy and healing. Not wanting to be bothered by these beggars, some people in the crowd yell at them to shut-up. But Jesus will have none of it from his following.

Jesus stops in front of the blind men, silences the crowd, and asks the question above. "What do you want me to do for you?" It didn't take the men long to decide. "Heal us, Heal us. We want to see!" Then men knew their weakness, they knew their deepest desire in that moment. They wanted life to be different than it was. They wanted to see! And Jesus reaches over, touches their eyes, and they can see. Amazing.

Today I came across this verse in my journal and I felt like Jesus said to me, "What do you want me to do for you?" He was asking me the same question that he asked the two blind beggars. And I knew. And I told him. And now I will wait to see if he should chose to respond to my request in the affirmative, as he did for the blind men.

It is quite possible that Jesus is asking you that same question as you read this,
"What do you want me to do for you?" Are you ready with an answer? You are not too insignificant for Jesus to stop and listen to. In fact, today, he is singling you out from the crowd as the lone voice he wants to hear.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest