The Plane is Going Down

"The plane is going down."

This is the phrase that has stuck with me since my meeting with a friend this morning. It is a phrase that describes life in a very accurate way. It means: death is imminent.

We were talking about the Christian life and reflecting on 2 Peter 2:7-8 which reads,
"7 and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked 8 (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard);"
Lot was deeply in touch with the fact that the people in the city around him were living far from God and that they would be punished eternally for their sins. He was tormented with the fact that God's holiness was being offended. He was tormented with the knowledge that without repentance the people he lived and worked with would be going to hell. Lot could hardly bear to think about the fact that "the plane was going down" and then his friends and families lives would be lost forever.

I want a soul like Lot's. When I analyze my spirit I realize that in many ways I am desensitized to the sin around me. I do not live with the urgency of someone in a world caught in a full on nosedive.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Won't Let My Kids Wear Clothes with Skulls on Them

How Stephanie and I Celebrated 15 Years of Marriage

Lessons from Mt Everest